Thursday, June 25, 2009

midway in Illinois. no ill. not much noise, cept for birds, trains, thunder, mowers, n semis.

well, what i didn't say in the video, which is a bit low key and dull, you mite want to cut it short, is that i am very stoked that i am taking part in a humble reading, four unknowns, 15 min. each, as part of the much larger SF International Poetry Festival. check out the whole at sfipf.org my gig is:

New Voices: Readings by 2008 Poets 11 selected poets Melba Abela, Marty Campbell, Aja Couchois Duncan and David Menendez Alvarez.

Saturday July 25, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm at North Beach Branch Library, 2000 Mason St., on the three-way corner of Greenwich & Mason Streets and Columbus Avenue. A newer structure on old beatnik stomping grounds.

I'll be in SF July 23 — August 1. Then Houston for re-re-retesting, and I guess conclusions from that, which may include beginning treatment. Listen to the video if you want to hear that ambivalence.

I'm really very upbeat and happy and just turned 63. Each day is birth. I'm knowing it. With you. Great Spirit. Oh Wordless One. and every friend and family.

Facebook freaks me out. We won't all have our own computers for long if things keep up. So let's do what we can do at the library. Send me an e-mail, call me on thuh phone, Skype me live!, or fire me a snail mail in these next couple weeks, and I can almost promise I'll answer. c/o Charlie & Lynne Sheaff, 36 Sunset Drive, Jacksonville IL 62650. (505) 349-4563. Skype name martycampbell, mar_tree@yahoo.com Love and Gratitude to you. marty

oh hey! you can leave me a comment right here! punch "comments". course everyone can read it. but who cares? life is short. oh god, did he say that? love. marty

3 comments:

  1. I love you Marty! Great to be back in touch. Blessings from the big island. Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Robin. them there blessings are strong n i feelin dem bad yah! tahnk ya lady. mahdi

    ReplyDelete