Friday, October 9, 2009

what you should know


i lost my purple glasses.
i just jumped in with both feet for the long haul of radiation therapy here in Seattle, by having 4 right teeth extracted in preparation.
in twoish weeks, after all these preps, i'll start 5 days a week for 5-6 weeks, with 10-15 minute radiation exposure treatments (is my present understanding), with 3 weeks after that of feeling bad still before it all heals up fine and dandy.
i'm not doing chemotherapy.
my right shoulder is lower than my left shoulder anymore from surgery.
more anon. love. marty

3 comments:

  1. Actually it looks like you're right shoulder is higher than your left one now. And I don't get that part about having to get four teeth taken out, are they in the way of the radiation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, the R shoulder is definitely higher. what did the tooth fairy bring? Seattle seems a good choice since you're there. Samantha and I will be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thuh dumb camera gives mirror image, so what looks right is left (and wrong). radiation of the teeth bones damages capillaries feeding it oxygen, so any injuries to the bone there for the rest of my life leave an open wound for the rest of my life = osteoradionecrosis. pulling them now circumvents having to cause this all later. they were deemed compromised. all this is very crazy.
    thank you sarah and samantha and mark.

    ReplyDelete