Friday, August 13, 2010

hello, marty, are you there?

i think it's time i showed i'm alive in here again.

i just had the time of my life, as momLola would say, at the Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC (my own initials, i remind you!)) gathering Tuesday nite at SCCA (Seattle Cancer Care Alliance) where the doctor I came here to see works as both a clinician and a researcher. i met in person 15 (well one is over 90 and didn't show but sent 3 daughters) other very human and very alive beings with past or present MCC diagnoses. we heard probly a couple hours' presentation rattling through a myriad of cutting edge developments in research and treatment and detection for MCC. well, if you know anything you know how i like physical presence. time of my life.

i also just applied for admission into a one-house intentional community 5 blocks from win's called Prag House. it looks like my chances are on the slim side as they're going chronologically (probly because we're all so good) and i'm the last of 5. they've filled one of the 2 rooms available and will let me know by 2 weeks from now or so. but just the exercise of interviewing, touring, and applying is a HUGE, to me, sign of life.

what was the other one? oh, i submitted 5 new pomes to a journal of poetry of place called Windfall out of Oregon, a regionalist (as in sexist, racist, ...) journal of the northwest. when i hear, i'll hear.

if you'd like the text of either of these above 2 applications, let me know and and e-mail address if i don't have one and i'll send em. one of thuh 5 pomes is there just a few entries below this one, in black, on an orange entry, as i recall.

have i even looked at my taxes? no. but all of this above is i believe—serious—preparation for that. (we each prepare our taxes in a different way, now.)

i didn't even say hi! hello dear fellow journeyer on this earth. be blessed. you are a blessing to me. maybe leave a comment. with love. marty

3 comments:

  1. Hey Marty! Well my little intentional community has been very interesting so far, we have vegan barbecues and meditate together and it's really been the time of my life as you say. It would be great if you would join us either for a visit or to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marty...my tree hugging friend....just stopped by to visit your site and say "HI".....I know I was MIA around the MCC site but Im and just checking on you also. If you are still up in the beautiful pacific northwest, hug a tree for me and I love that rain up there!! Hope all is well....take care!
    mariam

    ReplyDelete
  3. mark and mariam, my two friends i've been so long lost to and who don't know each other. thank you so for your comments. i've finally made a nother post, huh? i would love to visit your unintentional community mark. and mariam, i've too been scarce on the mcc site. but we remain connected to trees forever. it is so dear to have you comment on my blogsite here. so dear! bless you. bless you both and yours. marty

    ReplyDelete